Symptoms and Prostate Problems – LUTS
Overview by Professor Roger Kirby
Pre-eminent Urological Surgeon, recently retired
- Increased urgency in the need to urinate even leading to incontinence
- Having to urinate possibly several times at night
Voiding or Obstructive symptoms, which include:
- Poor urinary stream
- Difficulty initiating the flow of urine
- The sensation of poor bladder emptying
- Needing to strain to pass urine
- If you have a family history of Prostate Cancer. This particularly means if your father or a brother has had Prostate Cancer, your chances of also getting Prostate Cancer are higher than if no one in your family has had it. For further information look at the Prostate Cancer Genetics page.
- If you are of black ethnic origin, or are overweight or obese, these have increased risk factors for Prostate Cancer
- You are having a medical health “screen”. If either you have a family history of Prostate Cancer, or you are of black ethnic origin, or are aged 50 or older, the medical professional conducting the screening may recommend it.
Prostate matters is a not for profit organisation that is committed to providing free expert advice about prostate issues from leading Clinical Authorities
Copyright Disclaimer: We try to acknowledge copyright as appropriate. If we have used something without acknowledging copyright, this is inadvertent. Please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Site design and technical development by Webtoys