Treatment for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) – Rezum
Overview by Professor Richard Hindley Consultant Urological Surgeon
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Fast, effective and, precise BPH treatment
- Ablates targeted tissue, which is then resorbed
- Treats enlarged central zones and/or median lobes
- Clinically proven, safe and effective
- Preserves sexual and urinary functions
- Rapid return to normal activities
What type of patients may benefit from the Rezūm procedure to treat BPH?
- Men who have elected to discontinue or who have chosen not to take BPH medications
- Men who are not receptive to other minimally invasive or surgical BPH procedures
- Men who have indicated they aren’t bothered enough by their symptoms to elect an invasive surgical procedure
Criteria for qualifying for REZUM treatment
- It is indicated for men 50 years and older with a prostate volume of ≥ 30cm3 and ≤80cm3.
- The Rezūm System is also indicated for treatment of prostate with hyperplasia of the central zone and/or a median lobe.
Prostate matters is a not for profit organisation that is committed to providing free expert advice about prostate issues from leading Clinical Authorities
Copyright Disclaimer: We try to acknowledge copyright as appropriate. If we have used something without acknowledging copyright, this is inadvertent. Please let us know by emailing email@example.com