Prostate matters is a not for profit organisation committed to providing free information about prostate issues from leading Clinical Authorities.
Treatment for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) – Rezum
Overview by Professor Richard Hindley Consultant Urological Surgeon
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Chair of the Get It Right First Time (GIRFT)
National Clinical Improvement Program
Visiting Professor at the University of Winchester
- Fast, effective and, precise BPH treatment
- Ablates targeted tissue, which is then resorbed
- Treats enlarged central zones and/or median lobes
- Clinically proven, safe and effective
- Preserves sexual and urinary functions
- Rapid return to normal activities
What type of patients may benefit from the Rezūm procedure to treat BPH?
- Men who have elected to discontinue or who have chosen not to take BPH medications
- Men who are not receptive to other minimally invasive or surgical BPH procedures
- Men who have indicated they aren’t bothered enough by their symptoms to elect an invasive surgical procedure
Criteria for qualifying for REZUM treatment
- It is indicated for men 50 years and older with a prostate volume of ≥ 30cm3 and ≤80cm3.
- The Rezūm System is also indicated for treatment of prostate with hyperplasia of the central zone and/or a median lobe.
Prostate matters is a not for profit organisation that is committed to providing free expert advice about prostate issues from leading Clinical Authorities
Copyright Disclaimer: We try to acknowledge copyright as appropriate. If we have used something without acknowledging copyright, this is inadvertent. Please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org